Sunday, July 3, 2011

03072011.

This week's journal is all about the Principles of Organisation.

I recalled learning this in design fundamentals. There are 8 of 'em, namely:
1. Balance
2. Scale/ Proportion

3. Rhythm
4. Emphasis/ Dominance
5. Economy
6. Harmony
7. Variety
8. Unity

However, the list which Ms. Clare gave us is slightly different,:
1. Balance
2. Unity

3. Variety
4. Repetition
5. Scale
6. Proportion
7. Rhythm

8. Movement
9. Dominance
10. Economy
11. Elaboration


I've bold & italize the odd ones out. As you can see, Emphasis & Harmony does not appear in the new list; whereas Repetition, Movement & Elaboration are the new ones that I've not learned before.



We are required to do mind maps for all the 11 principles (continued from last week). And this week, I'm assigned to do the mind maps on Economy & Elaboration. I have no problem on Economy 'coz it's basically a recap on what we learned in foundation. But, I have not a single clue of what Elaboration is about.


Attached below are the 2 mind maps that I've done. Comments are welcomed :)


Come to think of it, have Dr. Ray received my e-mail? @@





1 comment:

  1. looks colourful:)aiya,just forget bout it..my comments is nt important...

    ReplyDelete